Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Put Edwina back in bowl

It's that time of year when the ambulances start idling on our street because they know as well as we do that somebody is going to get a bottle rocket in the eye at any time now. Yep, in our neighborhood, the 4th of July lasts for three weeks. While I don't mind the sight of patriotic bunting and the smell of charcoal grills, I do get a trifle perturbed by the firecrackers going off after 9 p.m.. Especially when Lil J is asleep and starts twitching when they go off, so I have to hold my breath that he doesn't wake back up. Seriously, 4th of July is starting to become my least favorite holiday for the following reasons: a) no turkey, b) the increase in boating mishaps and c) people get way too loud. Thank goodness for the hot dogs, or I'd completely write this one off.

Hey, I saw on the news that Starbucks is going to close something like 600 stores by next year. That sounded like a lot until the newswoman said they have 11,000 stores across the country. Good grief. You realize that if each of those stores sells just 25 cups of $4 coffee every day, Starbucks just made a million dollars? Dang. What a racket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home