Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Dad was in the Polish mafia...allegedly

I was going to blog this morning about more of the disturbing things I saw the neighbor kids do yesterday (and I will just say that seeing a 6-year-old hock up a loogie like an emphysemic old man is pretty gross), but I'm still in shock after reading Beth's post from today. I just hate it when something difficult happens to one of my friends. I often used to joke about how I cared so much about my friends that I had to limit the number that I had. Otherwise, it would just be too emotionally draining for me. And I was kidding, but there was a ring of truth to that. I just want to take you guys, wrap you up in insulating foam and somehow protect you from anything bad ever happening. And I can remember the couple times that someone hurt me, how I didn't understand how protective my friends got, but then I remembered that if someone had done that to them, I would have cut that guy's junk off without a moment's hesitation. So, Beth, keep me in mind if you ever need some junk removed. I think that if I just volunteered to do it without pay, you wouldn't go to jail. Just putting that out there.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the same as you are about Beth right now...I want to be able to make all the hurt go away. Maybe not so much the removal of junk but the wrapping in foam part.

9:18 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

You guys are so awesome, I really appreciate the support. Really.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha, well, it's been said before by anonymous sources that I tend to resort to violence too quickly in emotional situations. They may have a point there. I just figure everyone needs at least one friend that's willing to throw some punches if things get really bad. I'm that friend.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We love you, Beth.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I know Beth, even though I have only gotten to know her through Blogs... so Beth, I'm thinking of you too! And if Ann needs any help throwing punches, I got her back, b/c Ann and Alisa should remember, I'm pretty feisty!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm pretty sure that if all of us got together, we'd be one mean posse.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mean yet adorable!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I am coming in late, but I'd like to join the posse, too. :) And being from NJ, I know a guy who knows a guy who can do whatever needs doin', ya know?

All kidding aside, Beth, I'm thinking about you.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home