Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Shooting some b-ball outside of the school

As J has spent his entire adult life successfully straddling the mean streets of the neighborhood we live in and the white collar professional world, I asked him yesterday to give me an honest assessment of the attractiveness of the girl who lives next door (the one who looks like she's about 17 but has a 6-year-old, 4-year-old and 2-year-old...heck, she could be 17, I don't know. These girls around here are lucky to make it to middle school from what I can tell). And after giving it a moment's thought, he said "Well, she's attractive in a trailer park way." I asked what that meant and he said "If you want your woman to be blonde and have lots of babies, she's a winner." Still needing clarification, I asked "So it wouldn't bother a man that she gets into street fights, yells all the time, chain smokes and curses like a sailor?" and he replied "Not if he lived in a trailer." Interesting. This requires further study.

I've also come to the conclusion that I wish I was related to Will Smith. I watched I Am Legend the other day and I was looking at the commercials for Hancock, and I've decided that he would be a lot of fun to hang out with at a barbecue. Plus, with all that money, I bet he throws fun birthday parties for his kids. Yeah, Will Smith would be an awesome cousin. That's all I'm saying.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that "My Name is Earl" isn't being filmed on your street?

10:21 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It ought to be. But the people on our street are much meaner than the people on Earl. And their cluelessness is less funny than just really annoying :)

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home