Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Give peas a chance

It's been one of those mornings at work. I came in, sat down, and found out that three professors have done things to stab me in the back or make me look bad since Thursday. And I wasn't even here! Jerks. I hate being put in that position where you have to defend yourself against something you couldn't possibly have been aware of and really had no part in other than to be the target of selfish meanies. And, let me just say, "meanies" is the only word I can think of right now that doesn't have a curse word in it. "*(^#@%" really more accurately describes how I'm feeling about these people.

Oh, but in funnier news, I finally found the first food that Lil J doesn't like. Peas. Who'd have guessed? I always thought peas were pretty tasty. Anyway, I gave him pea baby food last night, and he got this expression on his face that very clearly said "Mom, I'm going to open my mouth and get this down as best I can because I can tell you want me to, but I'm not going to enjoy it." In fact, at one point, he actually gagged. But I've just never seen him eat anything with less than an incredibly robust and hearty appetite. The peas, well, the peas actually made him hesitate to open his mouth. Of course, then J tried to feed him the peas again at night, and Lil J ate them just fine, making me look like a big, fat liar. Kids. Always messing with Mom.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eva Cate does that too! Will not eat something for me, then when Dad feeds it to her- Whoohoo!

She does love green veggies though! I have to give her other food before giving her green things or she won't touch anything else! I can't complain cause she is eating the veggies, but it's funny sometimes!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I bet that's not real common to have a baby prefer green veggies to everything else. That's excellent for her health though. Did you see that study about cholesterol and kids and how a big number of babies only get french fries as "vegetables" every day? Sigh.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started Logan on the green veggies to make sure he would like them and he does... of course carrots are still his favorite!

1:22 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

How funny about the peas! I HATE peas but EH loves them, so I have hidden my feelings for them. :)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's going to be tough for me to make lima beans for Lil J when he's old enough. I really cannot stand them anymore, but I guess I'll have to fake it.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home