Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I find it coarse and vulgar

We have another ENT appointment for Lil J today. Here's hoping that everything is ok and we can start tapering off his medicine soon. I am hopeful. His breathing has been sounding good, so I think things are improving. But we shall see. If you don't hear from me for three days, you'll know where I'll be... (ugh. I can't even laugh at that because the thought is so depressing).

Here's an interesting factoid for you though: we got part, PART, of our bill from the last stay at the hospital. Granted, this included an operation and a short stay in the ICU, but not including all the doctors' fees, the bill was over $16,000!! Go ahead and clean up that coffee you just spit out. My word, that's a lot of money. If we didn't have health insurance, I don't know how we would pay that off. I doubt everything I own is worth $16,000. I know my car isn't. Especially since those little sociopaths next door have started running into it with their bikes for kicks. At best, those kids are only going to be convicted of misdemeanors, but I'm more inclined to think they have decades of orange jumpsuits, leg shackles and barbed wire ahead of them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After we had Logan, I couldn't believe the bills we were getting from the hospital. I just kept praying that each one was "routine" and would be covered!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously. I hate to think about what'll happen if any of this isn't covered by insurance. Yikes!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes ok today!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home