Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pizza the Hut will be sending out for you!

I have that nagging feeling like somebody I know just had a birthday, but I can't remember who it is. I'm guessing that whoever it is, I probably don't talk to them anymore, because I can usually keep track of my friends' and family members' birthdays. But there's always that chance that a good friend is sitting at home right now seething that I forgot to send them a card. So, if you're that person, sorry 'bout that. I blame the aluminum-laced plaque building up in my brain from all those years of using deodorant and trying to chew the foil caps off aspirin bottles.

Seriously, is Mariah Carey ever going to stop dressing like a teenager in 1986? I don't know why she bothers me so much, but I often have fantasies of somebody shooting her with a stun gun and dragging her off to a remote desert island where I won't have to hear about her anymore. And, honestly, wouldn't she be happy on an island? She could cavort around with the butterflies, wearing only a bikini made of banana leaves, belting out tunes all day long and driving the monkeys to distraction with that high-pitched wail instead of me. I think that would be better for everyone involved...except for the monkeys...but they're asking for it. Monkeys.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

I am SO glad I'm not the only who feels this way about Mariah Carey. :)

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same here! I just wish she'd go away. I'd be thrilled if we could populate a small island with all the annoying attention whores and then "move the island" a la Lost.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It bugs me that she's got this great voice but such a horrible sense of style. At least Shania Twain had a not great voice to go along with her not great style. I respect that. Heh.

Can we move the island to, say, Jupiter? That would be nice.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet again, you can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl. And yeah, originally, it was neat to hear what a range she had, but we get it now, we don't have to hear the super high notes all the time.

Random, but I know you guys will get a kick out of it. We have a neighbor who is from the south and is totally white trash. Mike affectionately refers to him as WT.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm amazed at how our WT neighbors sound like they're from the depths of Alabama, but they're all from right here in central Ohio. How does that happen?

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, it was like that for a bunch of the WT in south Jersey too.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home