Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bring it on, Poindexter

I was having this awesome dream last night that J and I were staying at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, hanging out by the pool under a bright sun and cloudless sky. I think we were even sipping daquiris and looking awesome in bathing suits. So then I pulled myself out of bed at my designated showering time, took a quick peek out the blinds to see what was happening outside, and there was snow on the ground. That'll take the wind out of your sails.

You know that conference I went to last week? Well, it was given by the professional association that I belong to for my job. And for the last couple days, there has been this fight on the association listserve because one woman dared to criticize the conference, and people have been jumping all over her. You have no idea how vicious a bunch of librarians can get! The one woman is all "I expected more from you people" and others are hitting back with things like "if you don't like it, get off your rear and do something" and "shove it." It's pretty funny. I'm getting these visions of a librarian rumble using rulers, exacto knives and bound journals. Awesome.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do have to watch your back with Librarians... especially those who know how to carve with an exacto knife and a bone folder. Wouldn't be pleasant, that's for sure!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

So true! They can get really prickly. I think it's being inside all the time and not getting enough vitamin D. By the way, "Bone Folder" would be a great name for a band.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, now I gotta know... what is a bone folder?

And remind me never to make either of you mad!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to think of librarian gang names and I can't come up with anything the least bit threatening... I guess I'll leave it up to the librarians :)

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah! I was thinking something with 'Dewey' but like I said, didn't seem very scary. I like 'the stacks' though.

The Stacks are gonna have their way... tonight!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The 3-hole Punchers?

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bone folder is a tool that is made out of real bone (from animals) and is used to smooth or press down different materials. When we recover a book with new cloth,the bone folder helps to mold the new cloth to the shape of the book.
It's actually a very handy tool. And some have points, others have rounded tips, but they basically have the shape of a butter knife, but no handle.

But they could be used to hurt someone if needed! ;-p

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home