Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Crimson and clover over and over

The temperature was in the 60's yesterday. Kids were walking around in tshirts and flip-flops. This morning when we left the house, it was SNOWING. What the? At times like this, I always feel sorry for birds. They're all sitting around yesterday thinking "Awesome. Let's head back north and start building our summer nest" and next thing they know, they're smack dab in the middle of a snowstorm, confused as all get out. Poor kids.

I went and got some birthday presents for J last night. Last year, he wanted RAM but this year he wasn't quite as specific, so I had to wing it. I can't divulge here what I got him because he does read this every once in a while, but I shall let you know on Friday. Wow, Friday is St. Patrick's Day. Time for a shamrock shake!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and beer. lots and lots of Irish beer :)

Jimmy Eat World? I love that song :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Do you enjoy the green beer? I like the green beer. It feels more festive.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah- my friend's birthday is this week and he asked for a green cake :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

In a very odd coincidence, the cake I made for J's birthday was green. It was a pistachio cake (which was tasty but not too sweet...that was a nice change). The cake itself was only slightly green, but the frosting was totally light green. It was weird.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Green pizza? I understand putting green peppers or spinach on it, but was the cheese green? Or the crust? Ewww.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home