Friday, March 10, 2006

I can't believe it's yogurt!

You know how you can get so tired that you just feel like crying? That's where I am this morning. I think a lot of it is just residual traveling fatigue, but we've got a lot to do today and tomorrow because J's grandmother passed away on Wednesday, so we've got the viewing this afternoon and the funeral tomorrow. And then I, of course, barely slept last night. I know I'll come back and reread this post next week and hate the self-pitying tone of it, but right now all I want to do is figure out what the heck kind of dickwad I was in a former life that I am doomed to insomnia like this. I must have been one of those a-holes who deliberately gives people wrong directions just for kicks. That's just the sort of thing a former incarnation of me would have done. Damn it!

In order to assuage my guilt at talking like this is all about me when J's grandmother just died, let me say this: she was one spunky woman. I saw her in the nursing home a couple times, and she was a riot. A bed-ridden riot, but still. She told me that when she was younger, she used to drive a truck in a coal mine. That sounds so much cooler than saying you worked in a frozen yogurt store.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh- I too hope the insomnia passes for you soon! I know it's not easy for you! Fortunately, it is Friday, so maybe some nap time on the weekend could come into play?

Spunky women are fantastic!
I just hope that when I'm older, I still have some spunk left!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry for all that you are going through right now... I truly hope things start looking up for you.

Suggestions for the insomnia..
Benedryl- 2 of these knock me out
Valerian Root- herbal remedy for sleep disorder- you can find it with the vitamins etc. at the drug store
Relaxation CD- I have one and I fall asleep almost every time I listen to it!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks, guys. I'll try all that stuff. Problem is that falling asleep is never hard. It's staying asleep I have a problem with. Gah. Hope you have good weekends!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Alisa, you cracked me up with that last comment. Ha! It's Saturday morning, and I slept 9 hours last night, so I'm feeling much better! I even got J's cake baked. Phew!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home