Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Girls gone stupid

Any minute now, we should be having birthday cake in the office. Whee! It's my coworker's birthday today. She's 81. And, let me tell you something, she is more spry than most women one-third her age. If I make it to 81, I hope I'm like her, walking around, sassing obnoxious people and laughing all the time. She says that drinking apple cider vinegar every morning is what keeps her young. Heck, if that's all it takes, sign me up.

I couldn't help myself. Instead of sticking with American Idol last night, I kept switching over to Court TV and watching reruns of COPS. They were showing episodes filmed in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. Dude. That has got to be about the worst job ever for a police officer. You could just see it in their eyes--the dread of having to tell men to put their wangs back in their pants. Makes me want to go out and buy a cop a coffee and pat him on the back for every time he's had a drunk puke on him. Ugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I do not envy the people who clean up Mardi Gras. Ick.

Starting a PhD at 78? That's cool. I wonder if I'll start wanting to learn again at that age?

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home