Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Crime doesn't pay, kids

I think maybe, MAYBE I cobbled together about four hours of sleep last night. I had trouble falling asleep, staying asleep and going back to sleep. That is a triumverate of suckiness, let me tell you. The good news is that I'm taking tomorrow off because my Mom and sister are coming into town to visit, so I can take 8 or 9 sleeping pills tonight and sleep in tomorrow. Yes!

You all know how much I enjoy watching COPS, right? Well, they were talking about car thieves on the Today show this morning, and how cities are putting "bait cars" out that lock up when thieves break into them, and they have radio tracking devices and all that. In the coolest piece of news I've heard in a while, they mentioned that Columbus, Ohio (awww yeah!) also adds a soundtrack to the bait car: the theme song of COPS. So they show these two Columbus guys joyriding around in a stolen car, it locks up, and "Bad boys, bad boys" starts playing, at which point they yell and try to kick their way out of the car because they know they are SCREWED. Gnarly.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT is awesome! That is one of THE funniest things I have ever heard!

My complaint for the day... we had a bake sale for charity at work yesterday. I sent out a company wide email that it was ending at 4. This morning I get a nasty email from a disgruntled baker that she wanted to take her leftovers home, but she didn't send the email until after 5. And then she went so far as to accuse that I threw the leftovers away (which I did not). I guess she really cares about charity! Sorry about that, it just really bugs me!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Don't apologize, that woman sounds a wee bit crazy. Who gets that wound up about not getting to take a couple brownies home? She's coming off pretty selfish considering they were for charity!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent her a super apologetic email (completely sarcastic, if only in my mind) and tried to make her feel bad about being so nasty. She writes back 'as long as the food didn't get thrown away'. Well isn't that noble of her? ARGH!
And just a side note, she never labeled her items, so I had no idea who made them anyway. If you want your leftovers back so badly, put your damn name on them.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I hate to say it, but it sounds like this woman has the kind of chocolate craving going on that drives people to kill. Do not get in her way. She would knock you off a bridge if you were standing between her and a Twinkie.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get that feeling myself! I will definitely stay out of her way!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the security device from Robocop would be better.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home