Thursday, July 31, 2008

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Ok, not once, but twice in the last day and a half, J and I have seen a man in a car pick up a hooker on our way to work. Can I just say "Ewww!"? What is wrong with people? I know prostitution has been around for thousands of years, but I just have to wonder if hookers have always been this strung out and skanky. I'm telling you, these chicks we've seen the last couple days are not looking good. They're staggering around the street looking like they haven't showered in a couple days (ewww!). The one this morning was actually in a bathing suit. Yuck. Everything about her screamed "yeast infection." It reminds me of a conversation I was having with a student worker a few weeks ago. She'd read a memoir by a former call girl/madam that convinced her that prostitutes are more sex therapists than skanks. Ahh, college kids. Was I ever that idealistic? Cause maybe I'm just old and jaded, but when I take a look at the hookers on our morning drive, the last thing I think is "licensed professional." My thoughts are definitely more in the "she's going to give that dog fleas" area.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck for hookers, but...did you know a new season of Project Runway started?? I thought you watched it, and I didn't know a new one started until last night!! They are 3 episodes in.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I saw a commercial that Project Runway had started again, but I haven't been able to watch a single episode yet. Sadly. I love that show. I'm going to have to try to catch a marathon on a Saturday or something. It's very hard to watch primetime tv when you're in bed at 9 every night. I'm like an old lady!

9:08 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I was definitely more idealistic when I was college-aged...but, I think as all of us get older, we get wiser! :)

I have seen the first 2 episodes, but only on reruns..Bravo shows them a lot, so it is easy to stay caught up.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home