Friday, August 01, 2008

Good grief

I saw the news story yesterday about the 22-year-old kid who was sleeping on a Greyhound bus in Canada and was stabbed and beheaded by his 40-year-old seatmate. And I cannot stop thinking about it. It's one of those completely random crimes that makes no sense, which is horrific enough, but now that I have Lil J, I'm already afraid he'll be on mass transit one day and have something like that happen to him. What I'd like to do is make sure he never leaves the house and/or never sleeps in public, but I'm guessing that's going to be a hard rule to enforce. Seriously, though, how can a person do that to another person? I can't even eat a chicken leg because I feel bad for the chicken it once belonged to. How in the world does a person treat another person like that? How does someone's mind get that far gone? Video games? Drugs? Is he just completely insane? Can there even be an explanation that would make sense?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm about in tears after reading that. That is awful.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Isn't that terrible? It made me feel sick to my stomach

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't think any explanation would justify what he did. It's just awful.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home